Electronic Authentication of Homologation Documents
The Electronic Verification Code (EVC) can be used to check the authenticity of the reports issued by the Homologations Area of Applus IDIADA. This code is the combination of the report number (or file number) and the security code of the document.
This combination is unique and any modification made in a report generates a new security code.How to verify a report
To verify a report you must follow the steps below:
- Write the File Number (or report number) you will find at the right-hand border of the report pages.
- Select a verification method:
- With security code: write the security code you can find on the text at the right-hand border of the report page. If you scan the QR code at the top right corner, you will be redirected to this page with the file number and the security code introduced automatically.
- With original digital copy: if you have an original digital copy in PDF, you can verify the integrity and authenticity of the document by uploading the original copy. The system will check against our database if the document is exactly the same. Scanned copies cannot be verified with this method.
- Write down the text in the image (captcha) to verify you are not a robot preventing a misuse of the service.
- Click check to verify the information introduced. A message informing if all information is correct or not will appear.
Moreover, if the information is correct, a View button will appear, with which you can preview the first page of the document and compare it against your copy, or a Download button, with which you can download the full original file or report (for vehicle Homologation or Modification in Spain only).Digital Certificates (Final Reports)
Documents issued by the Homologations Area of Applus IDIADA (Final Reports) are protected against modifications and digitally signed using a digital certificate. This digital certificate indicates that the document is authentic and has not been modified.
If the document is enabled for download, to validate the digital certificate and to verify the authenticity of the document, you must use Adobe Reader to open the document. You can download it for free from here.If when opening the document with Adobe Reader an error related to the digital certificate or signature appears, please do the following steps:
- Follow this Adobe guide about how to update the trusted certificates in Adobe Reader: Adobe Help.
- You can also validate the document certificate in the following link of the Spanish Government: Valida-E.
If the incident persists, please inform your contact in IDIADA and we will contact you.
Verification og Homologation Certificates from Spain