IRIS Database is IDIADA's centralized knowledge source for Vehicle Type-Approval legislation.
Based on an organized structure with the possibility of getting flexible results through powerful tools, IRIS provides you full content, consolidated documents and tailor-made information about regulatory acts.
To get access to the service, please fill in the form at the Access Request section. If you already have a user account, click Service Access button.
AU - Road Vehicle Standards Act (RVSA)
IRIS Regulatory News
AU – Since 1 July 2021, the Road Vehicle Standards Act (RVSA) officially replaces the Motor Vehicle Standard Act (MVSA).
Road Vehicle Standards Act 2018 No. 163, 2018 - An Act to provide for the regulation of road vehicles and road vehicle components, to set national road vehicle standards, and for other purposes.
The key objectives for the Rules are to provide:
- Clear legislation for safe, secure, and environmentally friendly vehicles;
- Flexibility for the future of road vehicles;
- More choice of road vehicles for Australians;
- Improved compliance and enforcement powers, particularly for recalls of road vehicles and approved road vehicle components.
- Link - For more information:
- Australian Government – New Road Vehicle Standards Law commence: https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/rvs/news/new-rvs-laws-commence.aspx
- Road Vehicle Standards Act: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2019C00274
- Register of Approved Vehicles: https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/rav/index.aspx